- This Week in Pictures
- Middle School
- High School
- Dates to Remember
- PTO News
From the TIS Health Clinic
Our school is adapting the CDC’s “Heads Up” program in how we deal with concussions. Our secondary student athletes and athlete’s parents have recently received information from the school nurse. It’s important that we all be aware of the danger of overlooked concussions. If you or our coaches suspect a student has suffered a concussion, no matter how mild, the student will be taken out of play and evaluated. If you would like to learn more about concussions, see the website as listed below. www.cdc.gov/concussion
ISC Safety Week: October 8-12
Students will learn about many safety issues throughout the week. Some of the topics will include: safety at home, fire safety, bus safety, bicycle safety, and car safety.
International Day – Friday, 12th October
This year’s focus country is New Zealand, Please mark your calendar for our Annual International Day, when classes stop to celebrate our cultural diversity here within our TIS Community.
This is achieved by:
- Wearing clothes from either your own country or from a country of your own choosing. This includes the whole TIS community, so parents, teachers and students alike are encouraged to visually show off their country.
- Making your favourite food to share from your own country
- Traditionally, our Chinese, Japanese and Korean mums have made scrumptious dishes from their respective countries.
- All the other countries mums contribute too with varying desserts and /or pastries.
- Any form of cultural entertainment which highlights your country, and its culture, e.g. dancing, singing, instrumental piece, martial arts.
So if you are a singer, dancer, musician, know martial arts or, please do contact Mrs. Williams ~ firstname.lastname@example.org
Weekly AQI/PM2.5 Readings
- Outside Average Reading = 151 / 57
- Inside Average Reading = 9 / 2
Click the links below to View and Download Full-Sized Photos for Personal Use (For the current school year only)
Learning about Safety
For the past six weeks, we have been learning about safety in our weekly assemblies. The topics so far have included:
- Fire safety
- What to do if you get lost
- The Ask First principle
- Safe Touches
- Unsafe Touches
- Unwanted Touches
Ask your child what they have been learning and see how much they remember!
We are looking forward to International Day on October 12th. This year’s country of focus is New Zealand. Parents are encouraged to come and join in the fun activities. The ECC arrangements for International Day are as follows:
- 9:30 – 11:00 ECC activities in the Gym
- 11:00 – 11:45 Lunch
- 12:00 – 12:30 Program in the Auditorium
- 12:30 – end Normal Classroom Activities
- October 1 – 5 – October Holiday
- October 11 – No school for ECC students only
- October 12 – International Day
Wednesday Bus Information:
- 9:15 a.m YG100 – 9:20 a.m. Aocheng – 9:35 a.m. HYCZ – 9:40 a.m. BDHT – TIS
- 9:15 a.m. Olympic Towers — 9:25 a.m. Ai Ming Hospital – TIS
- 1:00 p.m. Return
We are looking forward to International Day on October 12th. This year’s country of focus is New Zealand. Parents are encouraged to come and join in the fun activities. The Elementary arrangements for International Day are as follows:
- 9:30 – 11:00 Activities in the Gym for 1st Grade only
- 11:00 – 12:30 Activities in the Gym for 2nd – 5th Grade Students
- 12:30 – 1:00 Lunch for Elementary (1st – 5th Grade)
- 1:00 – 2:00 Program in the Auditorium
- 2:00 – end Classroom Activities
During the week of October 8 – 12, we will be giving additional emphasis on safety. Please work with us as we ensure that all staff and students embrace an attitude of safety in every area of their life.
There is a soccer event for ISCOT planned on October 19th. More information will be sent home on the week of October 8th.
- October 1 – 5 October Holiday – No school
- October 12 International Day
Next week there is no school. Enjoy the holiday!
ISC Safety Week is from October 8th through the 21st. During this time, students will be presented with information about how to be safe in many areas of their lives.
International Day is on October 21. Students will have classes for part of this day, followed by cultural activities and lunch. The day will conclude with a performance celebrating several cultures from throughout our community. Students are strongly encouraged to wear clothing that represents their home culture or the culture of our focus country: New Zealand.
National Day Holiday
High school students and families, I encourage you to take the time over the Holiday to rest and relax. Caring for your physical and emotional elements of your body is necessary to ensure that you are able to have success in your studies. See you next week.
ISC Safety Week:
During the week of October 8 – 12, ISC system will be giving additional emphasis on safety. Please work with us as we ensure that all staff and students embrace an attitude of safety in every area of their life.
The first week after the National Day Holiday is our high school spirit week. The dates are from the October 8 – 12. Please be looking for more information about those days.
All high school students will be participating in service on this day. Please be aware that we will continue the tradition of celebrating cultural heritage on this day and classes will end at 9:00 am.
SAT-October 6, 2018
Student check-in will begin at 7:45 AM. Please do not arrive on the TIS school campus before 7:30. You will not be permitted to enter the school building before 7:30 AM.
On test day, bring these things:
- Printed admission ticket
- Acceptable photo ID
- Two No. 2 pencils with erasers
- An acceptable calculator (if you’re taking the SAT or an SAT Subject Test in mathematics)
*If your photo ID does not match your admission ticket you will not be admitted to the test center. The name and photo must match the admission ticket.
On October 10, 2018, all tenth and eleventh grade students will be taking the PSAT at school. A PSAT/NMSQT Student Guide was sent home last week. This guide contains helpful information for how to best succeed at the test as well as provides a practice exam to take. We highly recommend that your child takes the practice exam as it is the best way to prepare for the exam in October.
Please do not hesitate to contact the guidance office at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Season 1 of TIS Athletics is underway and we are excited for the High School Volleyball and Middle School Soccer Seasons. All High School and Middle School students are welcome to play sports at TIS.
Recent TIS Athletic Results:
MS Boys Soccer ISCOT Tournament Results:
- TIS vs. IST: Tied 0-0
- TIS vs. TEDA: Tied 1-1
- TIS vs. Wellington: Lost 0-2
- TIS vs. TEDA: Won 2-0
MS GIrls Soccer ISCOT Tournament Results:
- TIS vs. IST: Lost 0-2
- TIS vs. Wellington: Tied 0-0
- TIS vs. TEDA: Won 2-0
- TIS vs. IST: Lost 0-5
MS Soccer Weekly Game Results:
- U14 Boys vs. Wellington: Won 5-0
- U14 Girls vs. Wellington: Tied 2-2
- U12 Boys vs. IST: Lost 0-7
- U14 Boys vs. IST: Lost 1-5
- U14 Girls vs. IST: Lost 1-3
- U12 Boys vs. IST: Lost 3-12
HS Volleyball Weekly Game Results:
- Varsity Mens vs. Wellington: Won 3-0 (25-22, 25-17, 25-17)
- Varsity Ladies vs. Wellington: Won 3-0 (25-18, 25-22, 25-19)
Important High School Volleyball Dates:
- Monday, October 8th
- Varsity Mens and Ladies Home Games vs. IST
- Games will start at 3:50 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 10th
- Varsity Ladies Practice
- Varsity Mens Away Game vs. Wellington
- Bus will leave IST at 3:25 p.m.
- Drop Off Order after the game at Wellington
- Wellington – YG100 – AC – BDHT – HYCZ
- Friday, October 12th – HS Volleyball Practice
- Saturday, October 13th
- ISAC HS Volleyball Tournaments
- Varsity Ladies Tournament at TEDA
- Varsity Mens Tournament at TIS
- ISAC HS Volleyball Tournaments
Important MS Soccer Dates:
- Tuesday, October 9th – MS Soccer Practice
- Thursday, October 11th
- U14 Boys and Girls Away Games at TEDA
- Bus will leave TIS at 3:25 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 16th
- U14 Boys Home Game at TIS
- U12 Boys and U14 Girls Away Games at IST
- Thursday, October 18th
- MS Soccer Practice
- Saturday, October 20th
- ISAC MS Soccer Tournaments
- U12 Boys at ISB
- U14 Boys Tournament at BSB
- U14 Girls Tournament at CISB
- ISAC MS Soccer Tournaments
We want to invite you to come out to the soccer field or into the gymnasium to cheer on our TIS Athletics teams as they compete in soccer and volleyball against the various teams in Tianjin and Beijing.
Mr. Nicholas Strong
TIS Athletic Director
- 13:30-15:00 Dance Class (ECC Music Room)
- 9:00-10:00 Parent-child Classes (Library Classroom near the Landing)
- 10:00-11:00 English (Library classroom near the Landing)
- 11:00-12:00 Chinese in Korean (The Hub)
- 13:30-15:00 Fitness class (ECC Music Classroom)