Hello and greetings from Tianjin International School. My name is Alex Wuest and I am excited to serve TIS as the Director of Admissions and Public Relations. I come to TIS after working at a university in Kansas for four years. Prior to that experience, I received a Bachelor's degree in Psychology from Tabor College and Masters degree in Higher Education Management from McPherson College. I am looking forward to serving both current and prospective students and families. As an Admissions staff, we are committed to continue nurturing relationships with current students and parents, as well as recruiting quality students to TIS. Please do not hesitate to contact the admissions office with any questions or concerns. We are very excited to see the growth and development in our school this upcoming school year. Please check the calendar for the upcoming events for this school year.
Director of Admissions and Marketing
1343 SAT SCORE
12 AP Classes
Become An Eagle!
Visit our amazing campus and see why TIS is the school of choice for expatriate families.
Complete our online application and send us your academic records.
Take our MAP Admissions Screening Test to determine grade placement.
Pay the enrollment deposit to secure your seat and start your journey.
JOINING THE TIS COMMUNITY
The school considers the following as essential for admission:
- The student must possess a foreign (non-Chinese) passport or permit of residency in a foreign country. As per Chinese law, we cannot admit children who are citizens of Mainland China. At least one parent and the student must also have a foreign passport which must be presented at the time of application.
- Demonstrate age-appropriate adequacy in the English language and educational skills as determined by an interview, examination, and/or educational records.
- A medical exam must be completed for all new students.
- All forms and paperwork must be completed. Note: All documents must be in or translated into English.
- Registration fee must be paid before students are placed on the class roster.
- Meet with the teacher and/or principal if deemed necessary
- Complete online re-enrollment.
- Medical examination signed by a doctor for students entering 1st, 6th and 9th grade.
- Pay all re-enrollment fees by the date specified on the re-enrollment page.
Enrollment is based on a first-come basis, but in the event of close submissions, priority is given to:
- Children of LDi staff and associates
- Eligible siblings of students already attending
- Students currently attending other iSC schools
- Students with higher levels of English abilities
If a student has passed the necessary admission requirements, but there is no space available, he/she may be placed in a waiting pool. Students will be added to this pool according to the enrollment priority listed below. This waiting pool is dissolved at the end of the school year and parents need to re-apply if they wish to be considered for enrollment for the following school year. We encourage parents to look for other educational options while their child is in the waiting pool.
The school does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnic origin or gender in its admissions or in any school programs.
READY TO VISIT?
There’s no better way to get a sense of what it’s like to be a part of our community than experiencing it first hand. Your visit to TIS will include a guided campus tour and an admission information session led by one of our admissions staff members.
At TIS, fully embrace what it means to be in a community. This helps set the stage for where your child might find their fit globally, academically, and personally. We want you to leave campus with an understanding of the distinctive educational experience that TIS has to offer. We are confident that visiting our campus and learning more about the admissions process will make a difference in your academic search.