Pic en 5-15-20
4th - 12th grade return to campus
Next Monday, May 18th, we will be welcoming back more students on to campus. If you have children returning on campus, please take the time to go through the Virus and Safety Report which was sent out earlier and the School Health Guidlines below.
Regarding bussing, the school has had to make some slight changes to ensure the health and safety of students and staff. If these changes will affect your child, an email has been sent informing you of this. Please note that there will only be one afternoon bus at 3:30pm.
For parents who drop-off their children in the morning, the temperatures of all occupants will need to be checked before the car may enter campus from the South Gate. Only the student is permitted to leave the car and after drop off, others in the car must leave the school campus immediately. When picking up your child, cars will not be permitted onto campus and will need to be parked in the surrounding streets. Your child will be led by teachers to the main gate for pick up. Your cooperation regarding this is greatly appreciated.
If have you any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Senior Presentations: 25th ~ 29th May
Our 23 Senior Students will be presenting their World View in front of a panel.
Daily COVID-19 quarantine log entries
Please remember to complete your child’s daily COVID-19 quarantine log at covid19.ldiglobal.org.
From the TIS Health Office
Please help us to maintain a safe and healthy environment at school by not sending your child to school if they are ill and checking your child’s temperature BEFORE sending them to school each day.
If your child’s temperature is 37.3 C (99.1 F) or more, your child will not be able to board the bus or attend school. If a student is found with a temperature of 37.3 C (99.1 F) during the course of the school day, the student will be escorted to an isolation room for their temperature to be retaken, if it is confirmed by the School Nurse that their temperature is 37.3 (99.1 F) or above, the parent/guardian will be promptly notified and the student will need to be brought a designated fever clinic. We will need to report this case to the local disease control and education administration department and the student will not be able to return until proper medical clearance is received
Proper hand-washing reminder:
Because the best protection from all respiratory viruses is similar, to prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, such as the flu and pneumonia…
Maintain good personal hygiene
• Wash your hands often with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds. Wash immediately after
coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose. If soap and water are not readily available, you
can use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Always wash
hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty or greasy.
• Eat foods that have been well-cooked (including eggs).
• Avoid sharing food, drinks and personal items.
• Avoid contact with people who are sick.
• Avoid touching your face (especially eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.)
• If you must touch objects which are handled by many people (such as handrails, doorknobs)
ensure not to touch your face.
• Stay home when sick and avoid close contact with others. If you are ill, do not travel.
• Wear masks when in public, if ill, or around others who are sick
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue, your sleeve or elbow (not your hands) when
coughing or sneezing, and immediately discard any tissues in the trash and wash hands.
• Clean and disinfect frequently-touched objects and surfaces.
Current additional recommendations:
• Do not shake hands.
• Practice social distancing: Keep 1-2 meters away from other people. Avoid crowded places.
• Avoid “unknown” animals (alive or dead), animal markets, and products that come from
animals (such as uncooked meat).
We would highly recommend taking your temperature to check for any fever before leaving home to make sure you are not ill. Also, if you haven’t gotten the flu vaccination yet, it’s not too late.
Mrs. Gilbert & Mr. Jeon
Dates to Remember
|May 11 - May 22||AP Exams|
|May 18||Grades 4-7, 9-11 back on campus|
|May 25 - May 29||Senior Presentations|