Week of 12-13-21
Hear from the Head
School Wide News and Announcements
Return to School Survey
Please look out for the “Return to School” form which will be sent out on Wednesday, December 29. All students will be required to submit the form.
Travel Advice and Protocols
Due to the recent domestic COVID-19 situation, the Tianjin Municipal Education Committee and the Municipal Education Working Committee are addressing school regulations and protocols. Please take the time to read through the guidelines and protocols below.
- DO NOT leave Tianjin, if not necessary. If you need to leave Tianjin, you must report your destination and return date to the school. Please connect with one of our liaisons with this information.
- If you are travelling, please ensure you:
- carry sufficient protective supplies during the journey
- pay close attention to personal hygiene
- maintain social distancing, and
- actively cooperate with health monitoring staff working in public transportation areas and epidemic prevention management.
- DO NOT go to medium to high-risk areas. Those returning to Tianjin from counties, cities, and districts that are medium or high-risk areas will need home quarantine for 14 days. A COVID test with a negative test result will be required after the quarantine period and before a return to campus is permitted.
- According to the requirements of the Municipal Prevention and Control Bureau, persons returning to Tianjin from low-risk areas must obtain a negative COVID test within 48 hours of their return. Only when a negative COVID test is obtained will a return to campus be permitted.
- Due to the uncertainty of the current COVID-19 situation, those who will travel should be prepared for home quarantine.
- Anyone who has been to infected areas identified by the Municipal Prevention and Control Bureau, has residence history in those areas, or has a connection with infected person/s shall follow the guidelines and protocols set in accordance by local authorities of Tianjin.
- If you have left and returned to Tianjin, a 14-day body temperature record should be logged and reported to the school.
If you have any questions, please contact the school.
First Day of School
The first day of semester 2 will be Tuesday, January 4. We look forward to seeing all students back on campus.
ECC and Elementary Christmas Concert Recap
Check out the full recording of the event plus photos from this wonderful evening.
To continue ensuring our campus is safe and secure, the school’s guards completed a one day training program on November 24.
The training day consisted of instruction, and real-life emergency simulations. Training days like this equip our security guards to be well prepared in the event of an emergency arising.
We thank our security staff for their efforts and work to keeping us safe.
Warmest wishes and happy holiday greetings to your family this season! - Mrs. Cotton
Read about degrees in STEM Studies (will need a BridgeU account)
College Application/Personal Statement
From The College Essay Guy: Take a look at what the writing expert says on essay writing for your college application.
No Athletics news at this time.
School's Vaccine Requirements
Please take the time to review the school's vaccine requirements for 2021-2022, and if needed, arrange for your child to have any required shots over the Christmas break. Some secondary students are missing their Tetanus booster shots, and it is essential they are taken before spring trips in 2022.