Week of 03-14-22
Hear From the Head
School Wide News and Announcements
Another week of off-campus learning is behind us. Well done to all teachers, students, and parents! We encourage everyone to be intentional in finding time to rest this weekend.
At this stage, no further information regarding returning to campus has been provided by the local authorities. Therefore, off-campus learning will continue until further notice.
If any updates come through over the weekend, we will communicate them via the “TIS Notices 2021-2022” WeChat Group or email.
Lost and Found
There are numerous items in the Lost & Found area. Please have your child/ren look through it when on-campus learning resumes.
Please kindly label your child's items with their name and grade so they can be promptly returned.
Thank you very much.
IMPORTANT: Notice from the Municipal Epidemic Prevention and Control Bureau
The Municipal Epidemic Prevention and Control Bureau will announce updates to the epidemic situation in a timely manner. The general public should pay close attention to the changes in the epidemic situation; do not panic, do not spread rumors, or believe in the rumors. If you receive a risk warning text message, your complex is locked down/under control, or find that your health code has changed, please DO NOT COME TO SCHOOL, immediately report this to your community authorities. Please co-operate with the authorities who are operating in strict accordance with the city's health management requirements.
TIS Spring Play - Tickets on Sale Now!
2 weeks to go before our secondary drama put on another amazing performance. The actors are rehearsing tirelessly, the backstage team is getting things prepared, and the stage is taking shape. This time’s performance is “The somewhat true tale of Robin Hood”.
Don’t wait, purchase your tickets now!
March Library Newsletter
Here’s the link to March's Library Newsletter.
A Notice From the Local Authorities
Recently, there have been repeated occurrences of COVID-19. This is a reminder for everyone to pay close attention to the domestic epidemic situation. Please stay informed of official confirmed cases and asymptomatic infection forecast announced by Jinyun News (津云). Please also pay close attention to the changes in medium to high-risk, and epidemic-related areas, especially in Wuhan, Inner Mongolia, and other places.
Persons who have a history of living/traveling in epidemic-related areas, please monitor your health and report to the community and schools. Persons from epidemic-related areas must not return to school for the time being. Persons coming or returning to Tianjin from places outside Tianjin must report to the community and school.
Travel Advice and Protocols
Due to the recent domestic COVID-19 situation, the Tianjin Municipal Education Committee and the Municipal Education Working Committee are addressing school regulations and protocols. Please take the time to read through the guidelines and protocols below.
- DO NOT leave Tianjin, if not necessary. If you need to leave Tianjin, you must report your destination and return date to the school. Please connect with one of our liaisons with this information.
- If you are travelling, please ensure you:
- carry sufficient protective supplies during the journey
- pay close attention to personal hygiene
- maintain social distancing, and
- actively cooperate with health monitoring staff working in public transportation areas and epidemic prevention management.
- DO NOT go to medium to high-risk areas. Those returning to Tianjin from counties, cities, and districts that are medium or high-risk areas will need home quarantine for 14 days. A COVID test with a negative test result will be required after the quarantine period and before a return to campus is permitted.
- According to the requirements of the Municipal Prevention and Control Bureau, persons returning to Tianjin from low-risk areas must obtain a negative COVID test within 48 hours of their return. Only when a negative COVID test is obtained will a return to campus be permitted.
- Due to the uncertainty of the current COVID-19 situation, those who will travel should be prepared for home quarantine.
- Anyone who has been to infected areas identified by the Municipal Prevention and Control Bureau, has residence history in those areas, or has a connection with infected person/s shall follow the guidelines and protocols set in accordance by local authorities of Tianjin.
- If you have left and returned to Tianjin, a 14-day body temperature record should be logged and reported to the school.
If you have any questions, please contact the school.
End of Quarter 3
Next week marks the end of quarter 3. Students are busy preparing portfolios of learning to present to parents during their student-led conferences, scheduled for Wednesday, April 13. Students who have NOT had a student-led conference on campus this year, including new students, or those needing other support, will be asked to meet with advisory teachers on campus during conference time. Other students can complete their student-led conference at home to be done by April 17. More information will be sent before conference time.
The International School of Beijing hosted Model United Nations conference which started today, March 18. Several middle school students are participating in this year’s virtual event.
TIS Spring Play
We are still hopeful for our upcoming Spring Play. Students are still practicing and excited to put on a show for the community.
End of Quarter 3
Next week is the last one in quarter 3.
Mark your calendars for conferences on Wednesday, April 13. They will start at 12:30 p.m. and last until 5:00 p.m. Please note that translation is not provided. We are looking forward to seeing you!
(DUE APRIL 11) EXAMPLE BELOW
- Profile picture AND baby picture (email email@example.com if you would like to take your profile picture through the school)
- Senior Write-up - this is a time to thank anyone that helped you get to where you are today. You can also leave a note to the upcoming Seniors, a favorite quote, inspiring words, etc.
Capstone and Honors Diploma
As you and your student prepare for scheduling next year, please keep in mind the option to have a Capstone or Honors Diploma. Click this link for more details.
Games for the upcoming week have been postponed. We will continue team practices when on-campus learning resumes.
What's Happening at TIS!
* With the current epidemic situation, all events maybe cancelled or postponed in accordance with local authority guidelines.