Parent and family engagement is linked to children’s success in school and beyond. As parents and families of TIS children, there are many ways for you to become involved and stay engaged in the program, and in your children’s education and future. We value parents and know that ultimately you will have the biggest impact on your child as their first teacher.
Studies find that students with involved parents are more likely to:
- Have better social skills, show good behavior and adapt well to school
- Attend school regularly
- Earn higher grades and test scores
- Pass their classes, earn credits and are promoted
- Graduate and go on to further education
JOIN THE PTO
Our Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO) welcomes all parents of TIS students and is a very important resource for both the school and the parent themselves.The PTO helps empower parents in their children’s education in coordination with TIS.
Want to Get Connected?
Let us know. We’d love to help you get plugged in.
There are many opportunities for parents to volunteer at TIS. Volunteering offers a huge resource and support base for the school community while showing their kids the importance of participating in the larger community.
By interacting with teachers, administrators, and other parents on a regular basis, you'll gain a firsthand understanding of your child's daily activities. You'll also tap into trends and fads of school life that can help you communicate with your kids as they grow and change (all without intruding on their privacy or personal space).
Here are just some of the ways a parent volunteer can help:
- act as a classroom helper
- mentor or tutor students
- help children with special needs
- volunteer in the school computer lab
- help organize, cater, or work at fundraising activities such as bake sales or car washes
- act as a lunchroom or playground monitor
- help to plan and chaperone field trips, track meets, and other events that take place away from the school
- help to plan and chaperone in-school events
- organize or assist with a specific club or interest group (if you have an interest in an activity that isn't currently available to students, offer to help get a group started — for example, a chess club or cycling team)
- assist coaches and gym teachers with sports and fitness programs or work in the school concession stand at sporting events
- work as a library assistant or offer to help with story time or reading assistance in the school library
- sew costumes or build sets for theatrical and musical productions
- work with the school band or orchestra or coach music students individually
- help out with visual arts, crafts, and design courses and projects
- hold a workshop for students in trade or technical programs
- volunteer to speak in the classroom or at a career day, if you have a field of expertise that you'd like to share
- supervise or judge experiments at a science fair
None of these pique your interest? Make another suggestion. We’re always looking for ways to involve our parents.
We know that for the child to succeed, the whole family needs to be supported. We strive to connect families with community resources to empower the family to self-sufficiency. We live in a generous community with a lot of support. We connect parents to resources for food, clothing, housing, English as a Second Language, Adult Education programs and more. Click to learn more about local Community Resources.
Air — Tianjin Binhai International Airport (airport code: TSN) is the 22nd busiest airport in China.
Tianjin Railway Station (including Tianjin Main, Tianjin West, and Tianjin South).
These are the lines that the Tianjin station services:
- Beijing - Shanghai
- Tianjin - Shanahaiguan
- Beijing - Tianjin
- Tianjin - Qinhuangdao
City Transportation — Subway, Taxis, and Public Bus
Tianjin's Subway is developing rapidly and has become one of the main forms of transportation for Tianjin citizens. Destinations are shown and broadcast in both Chinese and English. It's quite convenient for you to save on transport.
Use Chinese coins or banknotes to purchase tickets on ticket machines at the subway stations. Cards can also be purchased.
The starting price is 9 yuan (for the first 2 km) and it's then 1.7 yuan for every additional kilometer.
It costs 1 or 2 yuan for buses in Tianjin. Tourists can get to most of the scenic spots in the city by bus. Prepare some small change as no change is given.
- Galaxy International Shopping Center
- Hisense Plaza
- Joy City Shopping Mall
- Lotte department Store
- Ancient Culture Street
- Gulou Mall
- Shengyangdao Antiquities Market
- Tianjin foreign Commodities Market
- Florentia Village Outlet Mall
- Cao Zhuangzi flower Market
- International SOS Tianjin Clinic
- Tianjin United Family Healthcare
- Tianjin AmCare Women’s & Children’s Hospital
- YangGuang 100
- ShiDai AoCheng
- Pizza Bianca
- Papa John’s Pizza
- Bella Vita
- Pizza Hut
- Mr. Pizza
- Din Tai Feng
- Hai Di Lao Hot Pot
- QuanJuDe(Roast Duck)